Thursday, October 23, 2008

Jason's Birthday

Jason would have been 34 on this past Tuesday. God, I miss him so very much. No one in my family or any of his friends thought of Jason or visited his grave. None of them sent me an email or called me. Not even his sister but then she never remembers either. She is absorbed in her own world.

I had to have an emergency root canal on his birthday so I couldn't go to the cemetery on his birthday. I was at the dentist all afternoon after I got off work. But I went the next day - yesterday. I just sat there holding my hand over his name and crying. I was trying to feel him, trying to make contact. I sat there for about 20 minutes just crying and talking to him.

His two best friends are also buried there with him. Joey was murdered five years before my son Jason died. Josh died two years ago but they are all there buried together and honored on a monument. I made sure of that because it was their wish. I go there and I see that monument with all their names on it and it just breaks my heart. How could they all three be gone? They were just young adults. Joey was 18 when he was killed. Jason died at 23 yrs old. Josh lived the longest, he was 33 yrs old when he died. There was also one more of the "gang" who died a few months before Josh. That was Kye, but he is buried where his family lives. No matter, they are all in Heaven together. We are all left behind grieving the loss of our kids.

It will be 11 yrs this coming February since I lost Jason. I still cry for him, I still miss him, and I still fight to save other families and children from the disease of addiction.

I have started a new online support group for parents who are currently dealing with a child addicted to substance abuse. It is called "Parents of Addicts Unite". Please feel free to email for information on joining either group "Angels of Addiction" or "Parents of Addicts Unite".

No comments: